I love doing book tags, and I found this gem on ThriceRead‘s Blog. At this point, I pretty much find all of the fun book tags on their blog. I am so glad that I found them a little over a year ago! They found this on Maria’s blog. You can also watch the video that inspired her over here: Why I Read | All About the Reading Tag by Books by Leynes.
All about the Reading – Tag
1.What do you look for most when you pick up a book? A) A beautiful writing style B) A character driven story C) A plot driven story
I look for first a character driven story, because ultimately they are the reason I am reading the book in the first place.
2.What are your pet peeves in books?
Love triangles that make no sense.
3. If you could print one quote on your wall, which one would it be?
“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
4. Which genre would you like to explore more?
Fairy tales from other countries.
5. Was there ever a movie adaptation you liked better than the book?
Hmm…I am sure there are some movie adaptations that I have liked better than the book, but I can’t think of any right now. Oh wait…Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I couldn’t stand the book, but the movie was a tiny bit better.
6. If one of your favorite books would be adapted or get a new adaptation, which book would it be and which role would you like to play?
Definitely either the Grisha trilogy or the Six of Crows duology! In the duology, I would love to play Inej!
7. A hyped book you wouldn’t recommend at all?
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco. I just could not get into it at all.
8. A book that highly influenced your life and way of thinking?
I’d have to say Harry Potter, because it helped instill a love of reading chapter books. When the first book came out I was in 4th or 5th grade, and I can’t think of a book that had so much influence in my life before that.
9. Are you a fan of re-reading books, do you do it often?
I don’t mind re-reading books, but I definitely have to be in the mood for it and that doesn’t happen very often unless it is a stand alone book.
10. Which book title could easily be the title of your life?
Right now it will be The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron. lol. I seem to always be forgetting things lately! #mommybrain
11. Which book should be required reading for everyone?
I don’t like required reading. Definitely took the fun out of reading, but if I had to pick a book I would say 13 Reasons Why or another book that opens up the dialogue for suicide prevention or another hard topic that teenagers have to face.