I was tagged by Amanda from A Darker Shade of Hope for The Sunshine Blogger Award! You should definitely go check out her blog when you have a chance! Her own post for this award can be found here so head on over!
I thought it was fitting that an Amanda tagged me for this award today, because it’s my baby sister Amanda’s 18th birthday!!!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
So here we go with Amanda’s set of questions, and I really love the variety in them!
1. What’s the story or meaning behind your blog name?
Hmm… Well my name is Samantha, so that’s where the Sam comes in….and I don’t remember how I came up with Little Corner. Maybe because I am a short person and I really loved that song from Brandy’s Cinderella …”in my own little corner, in my own little….”
2. What is your reading goal for 2018?
52. I would like to read at least one book a week!
3. What is your favourite song of all time?
Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T’s
4. Who is your favourite cartoon character of all time?
Simba from The Lion King, hands down.
5. If any book could be turned into a movie, and you get to play any character you wish, who would it be?
Let’s go with the Throne of Glass series, so that I can be a BA assassin!
6. Which book would you like to introduce to your child when they are young? Why?
Harry Potter. It was my favorite in 5th grade, and I would love to introduce it to my child in the hopes that it will instill a love for reading like it did for me.
7. What is your favourite candle scent or favourite bookish candle?
I don’t really have a favorite candle scent or bookish candle. But, I do like anything cookie scented or vanilla.
8. Which character would you like to have as a sibling and why?
Scarlett Dragna from Caraval by Stephanie Garber. She is so loyal to her sister, and went to great lengths to try to save her and in the process found her independence. I don’t know if any of my sisters would go to such great lengths to try to find me during a party that seemed to never end! They would get distracted way too easily. LOL
9. What is one thing about your country you wish more people knew about?
That not all of us are stuck up Americans.
10. Kiss, kill or marry: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America.
Kiss- Captain America
Kill- Iron Man
(man this was a tough one, except who to marry, that one was the easiest =p)
11. Top 5 favourite movies?
- The Lion King
- Pitch Perfect
- Miss Congeniality
- Can I just put any Disney movie ever? That will be the easiest.
- What book(s) are you anxiously waiting for this year?
- Do you have any blog resolutions? If so, what are they?
- Favorite book to movie adaptation?
- What movie do you think is actually better than the book?
- Other than reading, what are your favorite hobbies?
- Top 5 favorite books/series?
- Favorite book and genre?
- Least favorite genre and why?
- Other than book reviews, what other types of blog posts do you like to do?
- Are you left or right handed? (Lefties unite!)
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I’D LIKE TO TAG
It’s alright if you don’t want to do the tag, but I’d love to read your answers if you do! (: I really suck at tagging people, so if you would like to do this tag then I nominate you! Just let me know if you do it so that I can read your answers!!