Thanks to a blogger that I recently started following, I saw this read-a-thon in one of her blog posts and just had to check it out. The TBR Takedown Read-A-Thon was created by Sam @RiverMoose-Reads (<— Click here to see the original post). I thought this was a great idea, mainly because it’s summer and I just started knocking off some of my arcs on my list.
This read-a-thon started June 1st and ends July 31st, so I am already a few weeks behind and I’ll spend the rest of the week to catch up!
Rules (because everything has to have rules to follow in order to feel accomplished in completing something ;)):
- Each book that counts must be an arc or review copy sent to you by an author, publisher, bookstore or review site like Netgalley.
- Can be ebook or physical or audiobook.
- Any genre.
- Must be reviewed within the Read-A-Thon time frame (or, confirm review written and scheduled for release day).
- Everyone welcome to join.
- Non-review copy/arc reads will only count if you are COMPLETELY caught up on your arc/review copy TBR AND they are backlogged books (out a year +) (Also applies for those who want to participate but don’t have any ARCs).
- Leave a comment on the original post and she will add you to her master list.
- NO REQUESTING NEW ARCS DURING THE READ-A-THON, IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE.
She also included levels and prizes for each level accomplished, which I thought was a really nice touch. Other than the read-a-thon, she included blogging weekly topics. I thought this was a great idea, and was one of the reasons I really wanted to join.
Week one (June 1st): What ARCS do you currently have? + Top 10 Most Anticipated to Read Arcs.
I really don’t have exactly 10 arcs waiting to be read right now, mainly because I only request a few at a time so that I don’t feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of TBR books. But, I do have some right now (and I will include the ones I already read when the read-a-thon started).
Some of the titles will have links to my reviews if I have already read it.
Bad Blood by Demitria Lunetta
Published: March 14th 2017 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Quincey Wolfe’s Glass Vault (Glass Vault series #1) by Candace Robinson
Published: May 16th 2017 by CreateSpace
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I am on the list to receive the second and last book in the duology, but unfortunately that won’t happen until August after the read-a-thon ends.
Fallen Flame (Fallen Flame #1) by J.M. Miller
Expected Publication: June 19th 2017
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Dragon Redeemer (World of Aluvia #3) by Amy Bearce
Published: May 23rd 2017 by Curiosity Quills Press
Source: Curiosity Quills Press
Metaltown by Kristen Simmons
Published: September 20th 2016 by Tor Teen
Source: Wiley Publications
Riot of Storm and Smoke (Threats of Sky and Sea #2) by Jennifer Ellision
Published: August 17th 2015
Well I have 8 so far, so that isn’t too bad. I do have a couple waiting approval through NetGalley, so hopefully I will be able to add them to this list pretty soon.