I can’t believe it is already 2017! So much has happened in 2016, and then on top of that the month of December just flew by so quickly!
My 2016 Goodreads Challenge was to read 100 books, and I barely accomplished that! I read two books (ok, one was a novella but it counts) on the very last day!
I read a total of 31,166 pages! My shortest book (novella) was The Crown & the Arrow by Renee Ahdieh with 11 pages, and my longest was Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast with 608 pages. I gave an average rating of 3.4 stars, I must be getting picky with who I choose to give 5 stars to!
This year my Goodreads Challenge is to read 100 books again, only this time I would like to finish my challenge before the last day of December. Maybe I’ll even be able to read more than 100, but we shall see with school and all.
In December I read:
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
- And The Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
- The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Dead House: The Naida Tapes: A Companion Novella by Dawn Kurtagich
- Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
- The Crown & the Arrow by Renee Ahdieh
- The Mirror & the Maze by Renee Ahdieh
Since I read most of these books near the end of the month, I am still working on my reviews of them! Hopefully, I’ll finish them soon!!
Other blog posts I made this past month:
- Goodreads Mondays #17 (12/6/2016)
- Goodreads Monday #18 (12/12/2016)
- Goodreads Monday #19 (12/19/2016)
- Goodreads Monday #20 (12/25/2016)
- Waiting on Wednesday #18 (12/7/2016)
- Waiting on Wednesday # 19 (12/14/2016)
- Waiting on Wednesday #20 (12/21/2016)
- Waiting on Wednesday #21 (12/27/2016)
- This or That Book Tag
- Bookish Book Lover Tag
- Jingle Bells Book Tag
- Uppercase Box Review
- Litcube “Sherlocked” December Box Review
- 16 Books I Enjoyed in 2016
- 16 of My Least Favorite Books in 2016
Phew, I wrote a lot of posts this month. Although, I did write more once school got out and I had time to devote to my blog. So that helped.
In December I said that I wanted to read:
I actually didn’t get to read any of these books, because I choose other books instead.
So this month I definitely want to read:
I have Windwitch by Susan Dennard on pre-order, so I have to read the first book before it comes in! I have heard so many great reviews on this book that I really want to devote some time to it. I am currently reading Diabolic by SJ Kincaid, so I will make sure that Truthwitch is my next read!!
Oh I forgot to mention, that in December I celebrated my one year anniversary of blogging!! I was too busy reading to make a post, so I’ll just have a tiny little party here! Personally, I am very proud of myself for keeping this up for an entire year. My husband didn’t think I would keep up with it, but I proved him wrong and now he supports me 100%. I have the best hubbie in the world! =)
What challenges are you doing this year? I would love to participate in another challenge other than my normal reading one!