Thank you so much to Literary Hues for nominating me for The Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers, and liebster is a German word meaning beloved or endearing. You should check out Literary Hues’ questions and answers here!
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you,
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is a newbie award)
- Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- Notify them through email or social media.
- Don’t forget to put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog!
So let’s get this thing started:
- What’s one book trope you’re so sick of?
I am very tired of the girl meets boy, boy meets girl, both fall instantly in love. This has been done countless times, and let’s be honest does it really help the book? Unless one of them is under a spell, the answer is no, it doesn’t.
2. What’s one movie or tv show that you wish was based on a book?
Hm…that’s a hard one…Most of the shows that I like to watch are based upon a book. But if I had to pick one…I would say…American Horror Story? I can barely watch the show, because it is a little too scary for me (I’m a wimp) but if it was a book, I can just stop reading when the scary parts happen and pick it back up when the suns out!
3. How do you decide on what to read next?
Typically I pick a book from one of the three book subscription boxes that I subscribe to. If I have read those already, then I pick something from my NetGalley list. If I don’t have an eArc to read, then I just go to my shelf and randomly pick a book. My shelves are currently overflowing and I wish I had time to read more!
4. Name three fictional characters you would invite to dinner. Why?
I would invite Celaena Sardothien, Hermione Granger, and Inej from Six of Crows. I would invite Celaena and Inej because they are both very strong characters, and I would ask them to teach me their ways! I would invite Hermione so that we could discuss everything magic and books!
5. What was the last book that you rated five stars?
My last 5 star read was Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes. You can check out my review here! I noticed that I am very picky when it comes to 5 star ratings.
6. What would be the title of your autobiography?
I don’t think I have accomplished that much to warrant an autobiography, but how about Sam’s Journey Through Life: One Book at a Time?
7. Your guilty pleasure book?
I don’t really have a guilty pleasure book, really just buying a book is a guilty pleasure because I have so many. My husband keeps telling me that I need to stop until my two TBR shelves have cleared up, but I keep buying more! Oops.
8. Do you have any weird reading habits?
I don’t think I do, but if someone ever watched me read might think so. I like to be covered up with a blanket whether on the couch or in bed, so even if it’s very warm in the room I will still grab a blanket.
9. What’s your favourite banned book?
My favorite banned book is A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. I don’t think it is currently banned, since I read it in my school’s library, but it used to be! I think that still counts.
10. Do you have an auto-buy author?
Leigh Bardugo, Sarah J. Maas (although depending on how Queen of Shadows goes, that may or may not change), and Sarah Dessen (I guess her books would be my guilty pleasure amongst all of my fantasy and dystopian novels).
11. Describe your perfect reading spot.
My perfect reading spot is at the end of the couch with a blanket, a dog or two (or even three if they all want to cuddle), and a cup of coffee. That way I can ball up if I want to or recline, multiple sitting/laying options all in one spot!
I hope you enjoyed my answers to these questions, and now I nominate the following bloggers:
I’ve just picked a few bloggers that I follow, and if you don’t know them definitely check out their great blogs!
And my 11 Bookish Questions for you guys are:
- If you had to pick a series/book to read for the rest of your life, which would it be and why?
- Favorite reading spot?
- If you could invite one author to dinner, who would it be and why?
- Paperback, hardcover, or ebook?
- Do you keep your Funko pops in the box or out in the open?
- Do you have any habits while reading?
- Library or bookstore?
- If you were to write a book, what genre would it be in?
- How do you organize your bookshelf?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why? Which literary character would be your traveling companion?
- What are your favorite tropes? What tropes are you sick of?
Have fun and happy reading!